. 140,000 STARTING PROBLEM

1997 Nissan Altima

injuninus

I was driving the car one day and the doors started locking/unlocking and then it stalled. I got the alternator and battery replaced. Yesterday while I was driving the airbag light was flashing and the radio started to turn on and off and after a few minutes the car stalled. I was able to start the car back again but it would stop as soon as I turn the lights on or use the indicators. Any help in figuring out the problem is highly appreciated.

JCroW

Was your car previously water damaged or burned? Sounds like you have major electrical problems.

Maybe you have some wires that are worn and they are touching and almost 'shorting out'? I don't know anything about electrical. (*Please DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE TERMINAL if you want to go crawling around looking for worn wires*)

All I can suggest is find a small town mechanic and see if he won't trouble shoot with you. Most of the times they don't charge you if they don't do anything. And other times it is only a small charge of around 20$. Another suggestion is to pick up the Haynes or Chilton book on it. (Haynes being the better of the two- I ThInK-- but Chilton should be good if you are just a mechanic when you have to be.)

Sorry man, good luck with it.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test