I HAVE 282000 MILES YUP! ON MY ALTIMA AND WAS ...

1995 Nissan Altima

laidbackdd

April, 11, 2006 AT 8:37 AM

I have 282,000 miles (yup!) On my Altima, and was wondering why my Check Engine light has remained on for the last 100,000 miles? I have had it checked out and have spent over $200.00 at the dealership changing out O2 sensor's (that's what is says is bad) but each time the light comes back on with a different O2 sensor reading bad. I have changed out 4 O2 sensors all while the car is running great. The dealership said it could be a thousand different sensors (that I would have to replace one at a time). No Thanks. What's the deal? It all started at the 190,000 mile mark. Could there be an indicator telling engine to change out all sensors at 190,000 miles? When should I have my timing belt changed? I have a manual.

thanks,

Dan

cbaileyii

April, 11, 2006 AT 3:07 PM

I'd be curious to know what the specific code is that you are pulling at the dealership. Take the car to Autozone and have them scan it. It's free. Post back with the codes you get.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast