Alternator was overcharging, battery boiled over, and the battery fusible link melted. I have replaced the alternator, battery, and jumped the fusible link with a #12 wire. Here is the problem, (and this started before I replaced everything) It stopped running, it acted like it ran out of gas. Every time I try to start it, it starts up fine, sounds strong, and then dies after 2 to 5 seconds. When I first jumped the fusible link it ran for almost 20 seconds but died and is back to the same routine (2-5 seconds) Fuel filter is good, spark plugs are new. Maybe the ignitor, fuel pump, water in the gas? Any suggestions?
have the same problem?
Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 AT 10:21 PM