I really hate to sound as though I am being indiignant, however a quote right out of the repair manual, that I already have, is not for what I was looking. I really did not need you to tell me what I already know. Don't feel badly, I had the same experience with a legal question and after three pages of dialogue I finally got the answer for which I was searching.
1. Do I need to remove the exhaust system?
2. If so, how much of it?
3. The bolt to which you refer is above the member and hidden. How low must I drop the trans to access it?
4. Do I need to remove the heat shield?
5. The exhaust hanger is obviously connected to the mount yet you make no mention of that.
6. There are harmonic absorbtion arms protruding from the cross-memmber. Will they come off with the cross member or do I need to remove them separately?
Please elaborate on all of the above, without plagiarizing the Hanes manual, and you will have accomplished something. Please pay attention to what I asked. The issue is the what is in the way of the mount. Anybody can remove the mount itself. If this eloquence is beyond the capability of anyone out there, I will kindly take my $5.00 back and use it for coffee at the local Nissan specialist and have a tech elaboate on his experience rather than hear from someone whom has obviously never done this job before and faked it with the manual.
I know enough to know what I do not know so I am asking with humility for soemone whom has actually removed one of these before.
Saturday, January 31st, 2009 AT 12:56 PM