1986 NISSAN 300ZX HEADLAMP PROBLEMS

• Birdie77
  • 1986 Nissan 300ZX

1986 Nissan 300ZX 6 cyl Manual

I have a 1986 Z-car & I'm having problems with the left headlamp. Now, I've replaced this headlamp due to the lense being cracked. But the problem is when I turn the car off, my left headlamp will come on automatically. Well, I'll turn the switch on & turn it off. This only helps the problem for a little while. I'll go inside my home & the light will automatically come back on. Well, at first I was thinking that somebody was playing in my car at night time. So I initially started locking the door at night. But last night I just so happened to look out the window & seen my headlamp was on so naturally no one was playing in my car. I'm tired of feeling that I have to babysit my Z-car. I need help. This Z-car is a project that I've been working on for the past eight years & I've got a little investment started with this car. I feel that it is either the dimmer switch or either it is the wires running from the switch to the light?

Friday, March 13th, 2009 AT 12:34 AM

• rasmataz

Could be the headlight sensor on the bracket behind relay box.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_headlight_sensor_1.jpg

Friday, March 13th, 2009 AT 7:14 AM
  • Birdie77

Thanks, I'll be sure to check into that as well. I've been doing the work on this Z-car myself. It sort of a punishment car since I wrecked my '84 Z. But its a work in progress. I'm learning a lot from this little car. Again thanks for the input. (:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/330850_HPIM0939_1.jpg

Saturday, March 14th, 2009 AT 9:22 AM
  • Birdie77

I would like to say thank you. But I had to replace the dimmer switch. I had a burnt wire that was causing me all that trouble. I'll be back up here if I have any more trouble out of my little Z

Friday, March 27th, 2009 AT 12:30 PM