OIL FLOW

1980 Nissan 280Z

streetdemons

September, 22, 2010 AT 1:25 AM

1980 Nissan 280Z 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

i have an 1980 datsun 280zx n.A. And I just resently rebuild the motor but capable for a turbo since it wasn't a turbo motor and I put everything back together and the car turns on perfectly n turbo spools good the only problem is that the oil wont go up. The oil filter is dry n so is the head. How can I make the oil flow up so I could get my car running?

mhpautos

September, 22, 2010 AT 2:25 AM

Hi there,

I would say that the oil pump is to dry to pick up oil, try back filling the main gallery with an oil can via the filter port, this often works.

streetdemons

September, 23, 2010 AT 12:50 AM

Thanx for the advice ama give it a try n ill let u know how it goes. Would their b anything else I could also do to make the oil flow in case it doesn't work?

mhpautos

September, 23, 2010 AT 8:04 AM

You will have to get oil into the pump, normally you prime the pump up before installing, back filling it will do the same, do this first and let me know how it works.

streetdemons

September, 23, 2010 AT 2:16 PM

Ok thanx ama give this a try today hopefully it goes good.=)

mhpautos

September, 23, 2010 AT 5:50 PM

Just don't run with out oil pressure, or you will do serious damage, take out plugs and crank over for 10 sec bursts let it rest a bit and crank again, this should help pull up some pressure after priming with out any stress on the engine, leave the sender out and watch for some flow there, also fill the filter with oil as well.

streetdemons

October, 1, 2010 AT 12:38 AM

Thanx guys it works now. Lets see how it runs.

mhpautos

October, 1, 2010 AT 3:40 AM

Good to hear that, thank you for using 2carpros, you feed back is always welcome.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Accord
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro