TIMING?

Nissan 240SX

SilviaGuy95

October, 4, 2007 AT 11:34 PM

I have a 95 nissan 240sx with the ka24de with around 5000 miles on rebuilt motor which has cp pistons and eagle rods ect, it spun a bearing so I replace the rod bearings and main bearings, then put everything back together set the crank to tdc and set the distributor to spark plug #1 and fired it up then set the idle to around 700rpms. Everything sounded good but once I put it in 1st to take off it became very sluggish rpms very slow and it hardly moved once I hit 20mph it stayed the like it hit a governer or something. Could the be the timing or am I missing something. Thanks in advanced

merlin2021

October, 5, 2007 AT 2:53 AM

Only thing I can think of. What size insert? How Tight? If you overtihgtened it maybe? The Main and rid caps go a certain way, sure about the install?

Jack42

October, 5, 2007 AT 8:06 AM

Check the cam timing. Sounds like it is off a tooth, does it free rev slow as well?

SilviaGuy95

October, 6, 2007 AT 2:30 PM

Thank you it was the timing it was at lik e5 degrees atdc so I moved it to 10 degrees btdc which I read was the correct timing

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Air Filter Replacement