CAR TURNS ON BUT WOULD NOT START...

1998 Nissan 200SX

drr1232

May, 15, 2010 AT 5:15 PM

1998 Nissan 200SX 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I am having an odd problem. I go to start my car. On the " ON" position everything works fine. Dash lights come on and all is well. When I start the car it makes a click and everything cuts off. All interior power is gone. Power at the battery and fuse box next to the battery is good. There is no power to the fuse box inside. After a while, a few minutes or longer, power is restored but when I try to start the car again the car cuts off again. Any ideas on where should I start?

May, 15, 2010 AT 5:18 PM

Check and test the fusible links and the ignition switch-to include the battery connections and at the starter side

drr1232

May, 15, 2010 AT 6:36 PM

I cannot check the fuses right now because I have not gotten any power back yet. But I did check the battery ground. I also did something else. I put the ground end of my tester on the ground of the battery and then the positive end of the tester on the engine, engine bay, any where else that would be a ground point. When I did that I got a power reading. Why would that be?

drr1232

May, 16, 2010 AT 12:29 PM

Problem solved. Turns out there was a loose positive wire going to the AC condensor and a bad grund wire goind to the battery and one going to the engine.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right