Multiple codes occurred on my drive to work?

SBMISRY
  • 2010 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA
I noticed a misfire and it's cylinder 4 p0304. I get error messages when the car is moving. Cruise control doesn't work.

This morning I got on the interstate, and it started misfiring like crazy. Like it didn't want to go. I had to stomp on it, or I would have been run over by the traffic. One mile from work the EPC Light came on. I made it to work and ran the scans and here are the codes I pulled.

1. P0568 cruise control set signal.
2. P1698 steering column elect. Readout dtc.
3. P0304 cyl 4 misfire.
4. P0300 random/multiple cyl misfire.
5. P130A Hide cylinder.

EPC warning light.
Bulb out warning light.

Could all that come from the cruise control switch?
Monday, January 16th, 2023 AT 7:26 AM

KEN L
These are two different problems, cruise control and the cylinder misfire. Please start another question for the cruise control. The p0304 code is a misfire on the cylinder #4 so I would remove the spark plugs and replace them with new also I would do the ignition coil because these go out all the time. Here is a guide to help with the spark plug change step by step and how to change out the plugs and coils on your car in the images below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-change-spark-plugs

Once completed clear the codes to see what comes back. It looks like #4 is the hardest plug to change with a special tool to help.

GAP 1.0 - 1.1 mm (0.039 - 0.043 in)

Check out the images (below). Please let us know what happens.
Tuesday, January 17th, 2023 AT 9:59 AM

Sponsored links