MITSUBIS RUNNING ON

1994 Mitsubishi Pajero

peterrobinson

September, 20, 2010 AT 1:24 AM

1994 Mitsubishi Pajero 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual

Can someone please give me some advice, just purchased a 1994 mitsubishi pajero, and nearly every time I tern off the motor the motor keeps running. It does it cold and hot this does not seem to effect it. A mechanic told me that it was the air filter as the filter is from another car, this should make it run better, but may cause the running on. He recommended that I just put it into 4th and let the clutch go when I turrn it off?
Is there a underlining problem?

mhpautos

September, 20, 2010 AT 3:34 AM

Hi there.

Thank you for the donation,

You so called mechanic has no idea, running on can cause serious damage to you car to the point of breaking a crankshaft, this will be a timing problem or the engine is running hot internally due to carbon build up, (the carbon glows hot and causes the pre ignition) high idle can also cause this, all these should be checked out, but first I would find a new mechanic.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement