2009 Mitsubishi Outlander problem to keep the car straight

MADANI126
  • 2009 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER
Steering problem
2009 Mitsubishi Outlander 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 9000km miles

On highway at over 100km/h the car feels like loosing direction. In order to keep it straight we have to steer all the time, left or right. Under 100km/h seams OK. What could be?Thanks
Sunday, March 14th, 2010 AT 11:01 AM

LEGITIMATE007
Could be a simple adjustment such as an alignment, or tie rod ends, or even tires tread could be uneaven
Sunday, March 14th, 2010 AT 11:19 AM
MADANI126
Thank you very much for your answer.
Anyway, I brougt it to the dealer this morning, the same dealer that we bought the car from last Thursday. :-(

In addition the "Check engine" light came on in the weekend.
Monday, March 15th, 2010 AT 9:50 AM
LEGITIMATE007
Sorry to hear that, did you know, you can have your computer scanned for free at autozone
Monday, March 15th, 2010 AT 10:55 AM
MADANI126
I would like to scan my car's computer, not because I don't trust the dealer ;-) but just to know the history of the events. Please explain how can I do it on that web site autozone.

By the way, the dealer told me it was just a lose wire that caused the Check engine light to go on and off. What do you think?

About the other problem, on keeping the car on a straight line, they said like you said that's an alignment problem. Tomorrow il will get back the car, take it for a ride and I will keep you updated

Thanks againi
Monday, March 15th, 2010 AT 4:49 PM