The problem happens only in the spring and summer months (warmer weather) and does not happen at all in the winter (cooler weather).
1. Speed ranges - 2 to 70 mph.
2. Gear range - any.
3. Fuel level - any.
4. Driving distance - usually after normal engine temperature has been reached - 7 to 10 miles.
5. Driving time - 10 minutes.
6. Problem indications - none. It does appear more often when AC is on but it does not have to be on for problem to occur.
7. Engine starting after problem - easy, engine starts right up.
8. Check engine light can come on but not always. All gauges operating normally.
9. Problem frequency - Not daily, but can happen several days a week or may go a week without no problems.
Items checked and replaced as follows; Brain - rebuilt, complete tune-up, alternator, starter and fuel pump wires and components checked. Full diagnostics run at trusted electrical shop. Fuel filter replaced.
On advice of another web site, cam shaft positioning sensor and distributor have just been replaced. No problems since last repair but have had minimum driving time since.
Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sunday, June 1st, 2008 AT 7:42 AM