MITSUBIS VIBRATIONS @ 35-40MPH

2002 Mitsubishi Montero

charris40

April, 6, 2010 AT 11:14 AM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2002 Mitsubishi Montero 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150, 00 miles

My car vibrates as if going over a grooved surface @ 35-40mph. It's like the car is pulling or the tires are stuck. It definately feels like going over a grooved surface. The vibration is felt at the front of the car. I can feel it under my feet. Only does this @ 35-40mph once I get past 45mph the vibration stops.

April, 6, 2010 AT 3:18 PM

Hi charris40,

Thank you for the donation.

At the speed concerned, vibrations are usuallty due to bad propeller shaft U-joints. Check them for wear or stiffness.

treebark1

April, 19, 2010 AT 12:09 PM

My wifes 1999 montero sport did the exact same thing at around 35-40 mph. From my research I found that it was due to the torque converter I believe. The solution was to have the transmission flushed and refilled with a certain transmission fluid. Another solution I found was to put 1 tube of Dr. Tranny Instant Sudder Fixx in the transmission. I tried the tube of shudder fixx first since it was cheaper and I figured that if it didnt work I could have the transmission flushed then. Well, it has been about 8 months since I put the shudder fix in and I havent felt the vibrations since. Its worth a try.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Dynamat Door Installation
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2