1994 MITSUBISHI MONTERO DOOR LOCKS

• PETTEY
  • 1994 Mitsubishi Montero

Interior problem
1994 Mitsubishi Montero V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

I can't open the rear cargo door. The power door locks work but the cargo door handle won't allow me to open the the rear door. I hear and feel the power door lock inside the door when the lock button is depressed, but the handle is loose and doesn't seem to be connnected to the openiing mechanism. I can't find a way inside the door itself to see the mechanism and fix it. My question is ' How do I gain access inside the door to fix it?'

Saturday, June 26th, 2010 AT 7:02 AM

• Jack42

When the rear doors wont open, you have to climb in the back and remove the inner panel to gain access to he latch mechanism so you can manually release it. Sometimes if you use a bright flashlight you can possibly look through the holes in the outside handle and see a release rod of some sort that you can maniupulate with a long screwdriver or something to that affect

Wednesday, June 30th, 2010 AT 7:53 AM
  • PETTEY

I have removed the inside panel, but could not see any unlocking mechanism. Does this model have such a mechanism?

Saturday, July 3rd, 2010 AT 12:53 AM
  • Jack42

They all have a latch of some kind to hold the door shut. Use a bright flashlight and a mirror if need be to look around in the door more

Sunday, July 4th, 2010 AT 9:05 PM