MITSUBIS OBD II CODES

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer

spoiler

August, 30, 2009 AT 11:04 AM

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

2004 mitsubishi Lancer 2.0l 2000cc
Ok I am having starting issues out of nowhere, I was thinking a fuel issue but I could be wrong. I have verified fuel flow from tank to fuel rail. I have detected signal to injectors via a noid light. I can get the car to start using starter fluid sprayed through the airbox where it promptly stalls out with a major shaking from the engine. I just bought a OBD II tester and came up with these results :

P0201 Injector Circuit / Open - Cylinder 1
P0202 Injector Circuit / Open - Cylinder 2
P0204 Injector Circuit / Open - Cylinder 4
P2228 Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input
P0102 Mass Or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Low Input
P0113 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input
P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction
P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)

By now the battery is low from trying to start it up which might explain the low inputs. At the time of the diagnostic test, the car was not running, it was turning over at the time.
will this info from the scanner help break down the issue. As for example one unit not functioning causing a chain reaction bringing up the other codes?
perhaps a bad cam position sensor or something. I failed to mention the evening before this failing to start, I was driving in torrential t-storms and went through some deep puddles on the highway. Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks, Patrick

August, 30, 2009 AT 12:38 PM

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the donation.

Yes, a faulty sensor can cause a chain reaction and cause the other codes ro appear.

Since all code have been recorded, erase the code and try starting again to check which codes comes back first. You would have to work from there as it seldom have so many codes occuring at one tiem unless the PCM is faulty or its wiring circuit is bad and that could be connectors contaminated by the water splashed onto it.

I believe the main cause should be the crankshaft sensor. Let me know what you find.

spoiler

August, 30, 2009 AT 3:45 PM

Any way to test it without removing it, it seems difficult to access. After resetting the trouble codes, I am unable to get any new ones to come up.

spoiler

August, 30, 2009 AT 9:50 PM

Well it seems what a kind of suspected yesterday, I bought some bad gas. I drained the whole fuel system including the tank and replaced it with fuel from a different station and it started right up. What a way to spend a weekend.

Thanks for the help anyway.
Patrick

August, 31, 2009 AT 1:06 AM

Glad that you have resolved the problem. For testing of sensors, there is no necessity of removing them but for some of the newer models, a scanner with freeze frame reading capabilities would be required.

Thank you for using 2carpros.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet