Engine Performance problem
1992 Mitsubishi Galant 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 miles
Hello from the Philippines! I have a 92 Galant MPI which recently had issues with acceleration. I feel that it doesnt have any juice left on the freeway. I used to run 3000 RPM and the speed would pick-up to 140KPH and yesterday, its 30KPH slower.
A couple of other observations:
* Timing of second gear shifting is a bit off. It now requires a higher RPM to shift to second gear from a full stop
* I also hear a bit of a whining sound in the engine (not too loud)
* RPM is erratic (from 1000rpm on standstill it goes up to 1500rpm and drops). This doesnt happen all the time though
* I just replaced the high-tension wires about 2 months ago, spark plugs are just about that old as well
* I had the air filter air-pressure cleaned yesterday thingking it was clogged, no luck
* It does NOT stall on standstill or during acceleration.
* Oil was newly changed (about 2000KMS ago)
* Upon reseacrch, the answers I get are usually on: bad spark plugs/wire, dirty injector/fuel pump/fuel filter or bad catalytic converter
have the same problem?
Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 8:41 PM