MITSUBIS

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse

hbphotos

March, 12, 2010 AT 1:50 PM

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

When my engine is cold, such as first thing in the morning or after I have let it sit over night, when I go to accelerate, it hesitates between 2 and 3 thousand RPM. I lose power, as the engine warms up or runs for a few minutes, it stops hesitating. What is the problem?

caradiodoc

March, 12, 2010 AT 2:10 PM

Could be dozens of things. Fuel supply problem, sensor problem, Engine Computer problem. The place to start is by reading any stored diagnostic fault codes. If the computer detects a problem that could adversely affect tail pipe emissions, it will turn on the Check Engine light, but there can be other codes in memory that do not cause the light to be on.

If there are no codes stored in memory, your mechanic can use the same hand-held computer, called a scanner, to watch various sensor readings when the problem occurs. If it happens too quicky, they have a " record / playback" function that will record a few seconds of sensor readings. They press the " record" button when the problem occurs, and the scanner actually starts recording from its memory a few seconds before the button was pressed. Later, the series of events can be played back and scrutinized for clues.

Caraiodoc

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Pump Replacement