Misfiring and backfire, codes P0300 and P310B

SAMAZI MIKE
  • 2005 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF
I have a the vehicle listed above fsi
.
It has been misfiring at random. The PCV pipe was broken and replaced it but it keeps misfiring. I replaced the spark plugs, petrol filter and coil packs and still misfiring. It just flashes the check light after 10 seconds when I start it always and worse when its in neutral or slowing down approaching traffic lights or stop sign. Now there is a pop sound at the exhaust especially when I take off my foot off the gas pedal when reducing speed or just after revving. The pop is like an explosion sound like, I am not sure if the catalytic converter was removed or its there and it has a booster in the exhaust. When its idling especially at a stop sign the idle will be rough but when the check light begins to flash the idle improves there. When I start in the morning when it is a bit cold it may stall but when I start second time pressing gas pedal it will then start rough.
It is throwing these DTCs P1403 EGR System: Regulation Deviation
P0300 random misfiring for cylinder 1 2 and 3.
P310B fuel Pressure regulation. What could be the cause of this endless misfiring.
Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019 AT 11:05 AM

KEN

It sounds like the EGR system is open at idle or you have a compression issue. Lets start by checking the EGR here is a video to help with diagrams below for your car:

https://youtu.be/DqUCbbKdWf4

Next lets do a compression test.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-engine-compression

Please run down these guides and report back. Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
+1
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019 AT 12:08 PM
SAMAZI MIKE
Thank you Ken. I will report back on my findings on the EGR.
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019 AT 11:50 PM
KEN
Please do, I want to get problem fixed for you.
+1
Thursday, October 24th, 2019 AT 11:01 AM