Misfire after warm up

WLBROOME
  • 1995 CHEVROLET CAMARO
Misfire after warm up. Runs great when cold. Has new engine new plugs wires injectors when starts misfiring can shut down start back up and runs fine until a few minutes then starts again.
Monday, April 10th, 2017 AT 11:34 AM

KEN
This sounds like you have an intake valve that is leaking. Can you do a leak down test to confirm the issue?

This guide can help as well.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-misfires-or-runs-rough

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
Monday, April 10th, 2017 AT 12:10 PM
WLBROOME
No vacuum leaks. While driving you can shut off and restart and misfire goes away for a mile or so then comes back. Like I said runs great when cold. But fifteen to twenty minutes driving starts misfiring.
+2
Monday, April 10th, 2017 AT 12:48 PM
This sounds like you have a stuck lifter holding the valve open. I would remove the valve cover and check the valve lash.
Monday, April 10th, 2017 AT 3:04 PM
WLBROOME
Fuel pressure is good. New crank sensor. 3x sensor replaced. Was told to disconnect 24x sensor and see if problem was still there. Was told if it did not misfire with disconnected to replace sensor. Still misfires. Have replaced PCM as well. So I did what you said and the intake lift cylinder #3 is tight. So I took the afternoon and replaced all lifters and the engine has never run better. Thanks for the help I love this site.
+1
Monday, April 10th, 2017 AT 3:30 PM
KEN
Glad you could get it fixed, that kind of problem can be tough. Please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 AT 9:45 AM