BLEEDING THE BRAKES

1972 Mini Cooper

foxymophandlmama

July, 13, 2008 AT 10:06 PM

Brakes problem
1972 Mini Cooper 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 50000 miles

I have 1972 Mini clubman and have just put in new wheel cylinders and new shoes, and I can seem to bleed the brakes. Only one wheel gets any fluid coming out the rest have nothing. I'm assuming there is a problem somewhere in the lines, how to I find this problem and repair it?

Brake Fluid Bleeding

1 IMAGE

Brake Bleed Issues

airsoftsoldrecn9

July, 13, 2008 AT 10:41 PM

Are these your drum brakes or disc brakes? (If drum brakes) Did you rebuild the wheel cylinders? (If disc brakes) Calipers may need to be rebuilt.

Dr. Hagerty

July, 13, 2008 AT 11:34 PM

The rubber lines might require replacement. At that age I would remove all of them and replace with braided stainless. Also if that is not the case, the brake master cylinder would be suspect and you might go there and disconnect the lines and see if there is pressure when the brakes are applied.

foxymophandlmama

July, 14, 2008 AT 3:26 AM

Sorry I didnt say did I. They are drum type brakes and I replaced the wheel cylinders with new ones.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement