1972 MINI COOPER BLEEDING THE BRAKES

• foxymophandlmama
  • 1972 Mini Cooper

Brakes problem
1972 Mini Cooper 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 50000 miles

I have 1972 Mini clubman and have just put in new wheel cylinders and new shoes, and I can seem to bleed the brakes. Only one wheel gets any fluid coming out the rest have nothing. I'm assuming there is a problem somewhere in the lines, how to I find this problem and repair it?

Sunday, July 13th, 2008 AT 10:06 PM

• airsoftsoldrecn9

Are these your drum brakes or disc brakes? (If drum brakes) Did you rebuild the wheel cylinders? (If disc brakes) Calipers may need to be rebuilt.

Sunday, July 13th, 2008 AT 10:41 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

The rubber lines might require replacement. At that age I would remove all of them and replace with braided stainless. Also if that is not the case, the brake master cylinder would be suspect and you might go there and disconnect the lines and see if there is pressure when the brakes are applied.

Sunday, July 13th, 2008 AT 11:34 PM
  • foxymophandlmama

Sorry I didnt say did I. They are drum type brakes and I replaced the wheel cylinders with new ones.

Monday, July 14th, 2008 AT 3:26 AM