91 mercury sable/125k/3.8l--after complete tune up still rough, 3 scans gave me diff. Things which I replaced--o2 sensors, heat temp sensor, etc. Checked 4 vacuum leaks, cleaned egr valve, cylinders are EVEN. Changed filters, wires, plugs, pc valve. Ran fuel cleaner thru gas at least 3 times now. Engine light comes on only sometimes but goes out after about 10 sec.I suspect one thing--bad spark plug wires, which would very much upset me-supposed to be lifetime and after all this money and work it turns out THIS? What else COULD it be? Tired of getting ripped off and the results from it--see how it snowballed?
have the same problem?
Thursday, April 12th, 2007 AT 3:16 PM