1996 MERCURY SABLE COOLING FANS NOT RUNNING

• angegirl
  • 1996 Mercury Sable

1996 Mercury Sable 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Please help Im at my wits end trying to figure this out. My airconditioning was not working properly, then I noticed the cooling fans were not running. Wht should I do?
Thank you
I would die without u guys.

Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 AT 6:56 PM

• mastertechtim

You need to find out why they arent running. First check the blade and see if you can spin it freely, if it binds when spinning then replace the motor. You can check for power at the fan with a te4st light to see if it gets power when the ac is on. Place test light across the 2 wires at the cooling fan and see if it lights.

Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 AT 7:26 PM
  • angegirl

We checked the fan blades they spinn freely and we hot wired and the fans will run. We replaced the Constant Control Module 2yrs ago because the fans would not quit running. Could this be the same problem? We called the dealer we bought the module from he said they quit selling these. Now what should I do?
Thank you
Angel_girl

Thursday, May 29th, 2008 AT 6:26 AM
  • mastertechtim

Most likely thats what it is. Ford still sells them, I replace them all the time. If not try a junk yard, they will have it.

Thursday, May 29th, 2008 AT 11:28 AM
  • angegirl

Thank You Masterechtim! It was what you said, the central control module. They had quit selling the other brand. It was listed as a different thing. Sold by a different company. Praise the Lord, I thought I was going to have to go in debt for a new car.

Monday, June 2nd, 2008 AT 9:23 AM