1995 MERCURY SABLE EGR VALVE

• kathy1951
  • 1995 Mercury Sable

1995 Mercury Sable 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

I had the EGR Pressure Sensor Valve replaced almost 3 weeks ago. It had burned up. It is burning up again. What would cause this and do I have any right to complain to person that "fixed" it?

Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 AT 7:06 AM

• merlin2021

Are you talking about the EGR Position sensor? With the two small hoses from the exhaust? Check for excessive backpressure in the exhaust, your converter may be clogged. Do you have a check engine light on? Have the codes read and post them here. Autozone does it free.I would say you have a legit complaint!

Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 AT 7:44 AM
  • kathy1951

The ticket says EGR Pressure Sensor and Pressure Feedback something. The metal piece is what is burning out. There was a check engine light on before I got it "fixed" but not since. I would think the "mechanics" would know what caused burn-out of first one as it was put on diagnostic machine.

Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 AT 3:26 PM
  • merlin2021

They may have pulled a P0401 code, for egr flow, but this is usually a blocked port, they may not have checked the backpressure.

Monday, March 3rd, 2008 AT 2:32 AM