1994 Mercury Sable 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic
We are still not getting power to the fuel pump. Here is what we have done so far:
1. Replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump, and checked all connections.
2. Replaced the Integrated Relay Control Module (IRCM)
3. Hooked up a Code Reader to the EEC test plug and received two codes:
542. Fuel Pump secondary circuit fault, and
565. Cannister purge solenoid circuit failure.
Now for my questions.
1. Where is the cannister purge solenoid located?
2. Would the cannister purge solenoid prevent the fuel pump from starting if the solenoid was bad?
3. Is there any other procedure I need to know about, that I can use to further troubleshoot this very annoying problem, without spending a small fortune?
Thanks again for your help.
have the same problem?
Thursday, June 4th, 2009 AT 7:44 PM