Mercury GrandMarquis 1986 has little heat

MESQUITE5555
  • 1986 MERCURY MARQUIS

My Mercury Grand marquis 1986 has little heat entering the vehicle. The blower flow seems fine. I tried to temporarily clamp the Radiator inlet hose to the Engine for just about 5 minutes and it did not change the heat temperature. What would be the best first thing to check or do?

Thank you

Monday, January 22nd, 2007 AT 3:06 PM

MERLIN2021

First thing is the ant-freeze. Second is themostat. Third blocked heater core, go to radiator shop and get it high pressure blown out! Do you have real good a/c? Check the blend door for binding or bad servo. How is the radiator temp? Hot on top and cool on bottom is good!

Monday, March 5th, 2007 AT 2:35 PM
MESQUITE5555

The AC works good. The radiator temp is actually very low. I will take these suggestions you gave into consideration and have a look tonight. Thank you.

Monday, March 5th, 2007 AT 2:47 PM
MERLIN2021

A vote would be good! If upper radiator is cold go with thermostat first the clogged radiator!

Monday, March 5th, 2007 AT 3:26 PM