REMOVING THE EGR VALVE

1992 Mercury Marquis

satish89

May, 17, 2010 AT 2:12 AM

1992 Mercury Marquis V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 106000 miles

I need help removing teh egr valve. I cant see the bolts. Ive tried feeling around with my hand and I cant seem to fee any bolts. And its berried in preety good. I have removed the egr vacum line and egr sensor for easier access.

any any one help me here its a 1993 mecury grand marquis.

May, 17, 2010 AT 2:59 AM

Raise vehicle on hoist.
Disconnect the EGR valve tube from the EGR tube connector at the exhaust manifold. Hold the connector with a wrench while disconnecting to avoid damaging the tube.
Lower vehicle and disconnect the vacuum hoses from the EGR tube and the EGR valve.
Remove the two mounting bolts from the EGR valve, and remove the EGR valve and EGR tube as an assembly. Discard the EGR valve gasket.
If previously separated, connect the EGR tube to the new EGR valve, and finger tighten the EGR nut.
Install the EGR valve to the engine with a new gasket. Install the two EGR valve mounting bolts, and torque to 15-22 ft lb (20-30 Nm).
Raise vehicle.
Install the EGR valve tube into the connector on the exhaust manifold. Torque the line nut to 26-33 ft lb (35-45 Nm), while holding the connector with a wrench to avoid damage to the tube.
Lower vehicle.
Tighten the EGR valve line nut at the EGR valve, and torque to 26-33 ft lb (35-45 Nm).
Install the EGR tube and EGR valve vacuum hoses.
START the engine and check for exhaust leaks.

satish89

May, 17, 2010 AT 3:09 PM

When you say to raise it does that mean you have to get underneith the car in order to access the mounting bolts?

satish89

May, 17, 2010 AT 3:17 PM

Cant seem to find the mounting bolts