FUEL PUMP FUSES

1992 Mercury Marquis

cludee

December, 11, 2007 AT 5:02 PM

Other Category problem
1992 Mercury Marquis V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 16200 miles

the fuse on my fuel pump keeps blowing out when the car is starting this is a 1992 grand marguis has ran very well I would like to keep it.

December, 11, 2007 AT 5:41 PM

Do you have a repair manual? If not see below-If so find the fuel pump relay in relay center on left side of engine compartment and remove it-now put a new fuse On did it blow?

cludee

December, 11, 2007 AT 7:35 PM

[quote=" cludee" ]Other Category problem
1992 Mercury Marquis V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 16200miles

the fuse on my fuel pump keeps blowing out when the car is starting this is a 1992 grand marguis has ran very well I would like to keep it The engines 4.6liter is quiet. Can you hepl me with this.

December, 12, 2007 AT 12:55 PM

This problem is not a very simple thing to fix over the internet. You have a short somewhere within the fuel pump circuit-check the fuel pump relay/inertia cut off switch, fuel pump and wiring.

If you are a DIY with no electrical experience-you need to bring it in. You might end up making things worst then it is.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement