CAR MAKES METALLIC SCRAPING NOISE

Mercury Cougar

jman46241

93 Mercury Cougar 143000 miles. Car makes a metallic scraping noise while in motion. I just had the brake system checked about 2 weeks ago. The sounds seems to be coming from around the front driver side tire. It makes the sound regardless of speed, or whether im turning or going straight. And it only makes the sound for a few seconds then doesnt for awhile then does it again. I had the ball joint replaced on that side about a year and a half ago. Thank you for your time reading my question.

05

sketchbal1

I have what sounds like the same problem with my car, when the noise starts up if I tap the brake it will stop. I'm suspecting a bad brake caliper. If left unfixed your car will most likely start pulling to the right when you brake in which case you'll have to replace the pads and respin rotors as well as replace the bad caliper.

jman46241

For some strange reason my car doesn't make the sound anymore it hasnt for like 4 days. I'm pretty sure it isnt a brake problem as I had my entire brake system check out recently. I will just have to hope it holds out for a little while I dont have the money to fix anything yet.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper