1991 Mercury Cougar blend door actuator

OFFONE
  • 1991 MERCURY COUGAR
Vincent answered my question about Error code E7 on the temp readout. I removed the blend door actuator and checked the motor and mix door. The mix door moves freely and If I use an outside power source the motor works. However, if I connect the blend door actuator to the heater connection, the actuator does not work. I have 4 volt reading on a meter connected to the heater connection that does not change when I activate the controls (heat, vent, defrost). Would the problem be in the blend door actuator or in the dash control module.

Thank you
Norman
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 AT 11:55 AM

JNOVACK
You should have 12 volts at motor it sounds like the controler its not the acuator
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 AT 5:55 PM
OFFONE
Would it be better to find another control unit or trace the problem to the core.

Norman
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 AT 6:12 PM
JNOVACK
First try tracing the wires back from door acuator to the controller to check that there are no breaks in wire and if you don't find any then I would change the controller
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 AT 7:10 PM
OFFONE
Thank you, I will start looking for a module now and also check out the wiring.

Norman
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 AT 8:04 PM