A/C KEEPS CUTTING OUT

2001 Mercedes Benz SLK320

Sahacar

May, 3, 2009 AT 12:59 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Mercedes Benz SLK320 6 cyl Automatic 89,000 miles

The Air Conidtioning in my Mercedes keeps randomly cutting in and out. Is this a problem that I can fix on my own?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jack42

May, 4, 2009 AT 8:11 AM

It sounds like it may be a little low on charge. Does it blow cold when it is working? Sometimes the systems will shut off momentarily to keep from freezing the system. Having a set of gauges put on the car will tell if it is low on charge and may just need a service (vacuum down and recharge)

Sahacar

May, 6, 2009 AT 12:37 PM

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, it does blow cold air. It doesn't seem to be the temperature that's the problem. I tried playing around with it today. When I first turn on the A/C it doesn't work, but then after about 10-15 minutes of having the car running, it will blow out air and then turn off again.

Does this still sound like it's low on charge? Could it also be the fan itself?

Thanks again!

Jack42

May, 6, 2009 AT 2:12 PM

If the blower doesnt come on right when you turn it on, you have other problems. But it does sound like the system may be a little bit low, when the engine gets warm, the pressures come up a little, which may be enough to turn the system on