2007 Mercedes Benz SL500 Brake Rotors

• 1 POST
  • 2007 MERCEDES BENZ SL500

Brakes problem
2007 Mercedes Benz SL500 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 19000 miles

I am considering buying a 07 Merc Benz SL500 and when I got the CarFax report, it indicated that the front brake pads were replaced at 16,000 miles. That seems unusally low mileage to replace brake pads. When I was examining the wheels I ran my finger across the front rotors and although they were smooth, I noticed that they were a bit wavey. They seem to have ripples across them - on both the right and left front wheels. I looked at rotors on other cars on the lot and did not observe any with these 'ripples'. Is that representative of a problem? Should the rotors be replaced? Any insight you can offer is appreciated. Thanks

Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 AT 8:48 PM

Thats a fairly sporty car, if the previous owner drove it hard at all, theat mileage would be about right. The rotors on those should be replaced when the pads are replaced, however due to cost most people will just "slap pads" on the rotors until the second brake job, then buy rotors, but by then it needs rears too. Nice car, they arent that cheap to maintain

Monday, March 3rd, 2008 AT 7:47 AM