VISIT WORKSHOP

2000 Mercedes Benz S500

richtap

November, 4, 2008 AT 6:54 PM

2000 Mercedes Benz S500 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

My command center does not turn on with the key and the ABS, ESP, and SRS systems indicate trouble. The car starts however. This was a sudden problem and I have a new key since it began. Is this a relay, electrical module, or ignition switch problem?

Can't Remove Ignition Key

97 Country Ignition Switch

gfimotorcars

January, 5, 2009 AT 12:51 AM

These are more than likely unrelated issues. Your command center problems can be numerous in this model and may be something as simple as a software flash or as complex as complete command center replacement. As for the ABS, ESP, SRS light, these are all probably inter related. If the vehicle has recently had the battery disconnected or jumped you may just need to renormalize the steering angle sensor. You can do this by turning the vehicle on and turning the steering wheel from the left stop point to the right stop point and then repeat. This will normalize the steering angle sensor and the display in your cluster should clear. If this does not work then you are dealing with an issue that needs to be properly diagnosed.

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011