OUTSIDE MIRROR TURN SIGNAL LIGHT/LE

2004 Mercedes Benz S430

mnnno4

April, 8, 2009 AT 9:29 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz S430 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 61250 miles

My passenger side outside mirror turn signal's lens is broken and ther relay is blinking fast. Do I have to replace the whole mirror assembly or can I just replace the lens and light assembly? How do I reset the auto monitor when I replace it. Also my tire pressure monitor light comes on saying it is not woking, I added air to all 4 tires in the same amount but the light is still on. Do I have to replace it?

gfimotorcars

May, 16, 2009 AT 3:14 PM

For the mirror signal the light itself is replacable, you do not have to replace the mirror assembly. You must remove the mirror to access the mounting screws. This accomplished by pushing the mirror down and looking behind it. You will see a small metal wire tab. This holds the mirror on. With a small screw driver pull it back and remove the mirror. Behind the mirror motor you will see the back of the turn signal. There should be 3 torx style screws holding it in. Simply remove and replace and the warning will reset itself.

As for the Tire Presure monitor, these are terrible systems on this model and go out all the time. Everything from sensors to control modules to antennas go out on this system. If you have no pressures coming up you are probably going to have to bring it in. A side note; when this system came out (TPS) us at the dealerships were swamped with these types of failures.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro