MOTOR DAMAGE FROM NO OIL

2000 Mercedes Benz

mercedes498

April, 15, 2008 AT 8:52 PM

2000 Other Mercedes Benz Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120836 miles

I recently had my motor oil changed at a oil changing service center. Unfortuately, they forgot to replace the motor oil and I drove home approximately 6 miles with no motor oil! The motor was making loud noises and I had it towed to the mercedes dealer the next day. The mechanic had replaced the oil and reported that the car was running o.K. They didn't run any diagnostics on the motor and said thers was no guarantee that the car wouldnot have any problems later. I don't want to accept the car knowing that certain internal damage has already occured. What kind of damages should they be able to find if they were to fully inspect the motor? What are my options as I am uncertain about being burdened with an enormus expense.

Jack42

April, 16, 2008 AT 9:10 AM

I would have to say that engine is done. No oil damages every internal part in an engine, bearings, crank, rods, cams, absolutely everything. I would get an estimate for another engine from M/B and go talk to the manager at the oil change place. Hear this story way more often than you think, and it is their responsibility to make it good or take them to court.

Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mazda 3
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze