OIL LEAK-LUBE OIL

1994 Mercedes Benz

hinrg

December, 28, 2007 AT 12:06 PM

Engine problem
1994 Other Mercedes Benz Models Two Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

I have a 1994 E320 with 95K miles. I've had the car for over 10 years now and the car runs great and has never had a problem.
I just noticed an oil leak under the car and tried to find where its coming from but can't. I took to MB dealer who put dye in and said its coming from the front drive cover and head gasket. I have a hard time believing its the " head" gasket but more likely the valve cover gasket in the rear. The cost quote to repair these two areas is $3,000.00 and in my opinion 50-60% of the market value of the car. I would really prefer to try the Bardall (SP?) Product or similar product if there is one. Any suggestions?

Oil Leak From Engine

mhpautos

December, 28, 2007 AT 10:00 PM

Take your car to an independent mechanic, have them wash down the engine and inspect for an oil leak, don't say anything about where you have been told it is coming from. If the valve cover gasket, get it replaced, it won't cost that much, don't use any oil stop leaks in a can, these swell the seals for a short time, but there is a good chance that it will start leaking worse then before. And in more places as what were good seals are now to soft to do there job properly.

playbackvideo

August, 17, 2009 AT 3:16 PM

My problem was a hair line crack along the top of the oil pan, someone brazed it for me

mhpautos

August, 17, 2009 AT 5:05 PM

Great, that is a good result.

Mark

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front