1999 MERCEDES BENZ E320 1999 MB 320 MISFIRE CODES P0304 THR

• RLCofMN
  • 1999 Mercedes Benz E320

1999 Mercedes Benz E320 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

I have an 1999 MB E320 4-matic, which has the Check engine light on! I have read the diagnostic with OBD 2 reader and it it showing P0304 thru 6 error codes. Which I'm sure you're aware is all of Bank 2. My intuition would lead me to believe it is something in common with all 3 cylinders. The Bank 2 Sensor 1 was reading 0 mV and has been replaced but has not changed the misfire condition. Plugs and wires were replace 9 months ago with also the crank location sensor. What else could cause an entire bank to misfire. Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks

Thursday, August 26th, 2010 AT 5:28 PM

• bluelightnin6

Hello and thanks for donating

The most likely fault here would be the ME-SFI control module seeing as how the plugs and wires have already been replaced.

Tuesday, August 31st, 2010 AT 10:36 PM
  • RLCofMN

But why would a faluty ME-SFI only have misfires on one bank?

Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 AT 2:20 PM
  • bluelightnin6

The control module could still be signaling the other bank. Have you inspected the MAF sensor by any chance? A faulty MAF sensor will sometimes cause this issue as well. It could even be a fault with the fuel and not the spark. If MAF is found good than may need to check the fuel injectors on that bank.

Friday, September 3rd, 2010 AT 11:53 AM