2003 MERCEDES BENZ CLK320 WINDING NOISE

• agreene
  • 2003 Mercedes Benz CLK320

Other Category problem
2003 Mercedes Benz CLK320 6 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 28+ miles

I had some new tires put on the car and and got an alignment, the tire size is 205/55/16 for the front and the backs are 225/50-16. Hopefully they put the right size tires on there. And I got an alignment the car was fine until they changed the tires and gave me an alingment, do u have any idea what might have gone wrong and what is causing that winding noise I here when I take my foot off of the gas to hit the brakes, the instrutment panel does show anything wrong with the car.

Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 AT 2:49 PM

• Jack42

The noise you hear is the tires. Did they use the exact same tires? A more aggresive tread pattern will make more noise, especially a performance tire.

Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 AT 3:23 PM
  • agreene

Thank you I will take the car back to them and see if they put the right tires on there. How would I know the correct size?

Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 AT 3:32 PM
  • Jack42

Not sure as far as brand goes, but sizes should be on inside door frame on drivers side. You can try calling M/B and asking what brand tires their cars come with, I wanna say Michelin's, but dont quote me on that

Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 AT 5:20 PM