2001 MERCEDES BENZ CLK320 SUCTION FAN RUNS ALL THE TIME

• rayscholz
  • 2001 Mercedes Benz CLK320

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Mercedes Benz CLK320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 24,000 miles

My son replaced the car battery and hooked it up backward. Fried the alternator, blow fuses in radio and a week later, the suction fan (radiator) will not cut off. I purchased the CD from Mercedes and it tell me how to check out the fan control module but doesn't tell me where it is located. I looked in engine area but didn't see anything that looked like unit. I'm also getting two messages on car display that tell me to take to dealer for ABS problem and BAS.

Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 AT 11:17 AM

• Docfixit

Hi
From what I could find relay is in drivers side fuse/relay box close to bulkhead. It is relay A which is first relay next to row of fuses. As far as ABS need scanned to find fault. For BAS that is part of brake system a control module. Located below master cylinder.
Hope this helps
Thanks for donate

Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 AT 1:03 PM
  • rayscholz

Yo r answer to my question is wrong. I had all ready found that relay and it is for the horn. It was a misprint in manual. The fan has a 60 amp fuse and the pictures I have found of the fan control module is much larger. I have a scanner and have scanned the computer and it has zero codes.

Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 AT 1:57 PM
  • Docfixit

Check in trunk next to battery

Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 AT 8:41 AM
  • rayscholz

Next to the battery is a fuse box and a small relay. I've found the fan control relay picture on the internet and the one next to the fuse box isn't it.

Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 AT 7:42 PM
  • rayscholz

I've pulled everthing a part in truck and still can't find the fan relay. I made a small mistake, the Mercedes Benz CLK 320 convertible is a 2002 model. The service I rented from Mitchell also says the relay is next to the battery in the truck. I didn't pull the cd changer which is next to the battery to see if it is under it. I get a message on display in car that the vehicle has 3 malfunctions, BAS, fan and abs. The fan error is because I have pulled the 60 amp fuse. I scanned the car computer and it always comes up with no error codes.

Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 11:57 AM