FOG LIGHTS

2001 Mercedes Benz CLK320

bkodra

February, 2, 2008 AT 11:08 PM

2001 Mercedes Benz CLK320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 55126 miles

I had Safelite replace a cracked windshield today and when I got home I noticed the fog lights were still on after I got out of the car. The switch is positively off. I always use the fog light on this car so I knew something was wrong. The only way I could get them to turn off was to pull the fuse. Is there anything that could have happened during this windshield replacement that could have caused this? Or was it coincidence and maybe the switch went bad at the same tiie. With the fuse out I have the lamp malfunction message on the dash. Can that message be disabled and made to stay off if I cant get the lights to work properly? Any help would be welcome.

gfimotorcars

February, 15, 2009 AT 10:04 PM

The safelite people may have pinched a wire that is now shorting causing the lights to stay one. As for the malfunction indicator, this will not go away until the problem is fixed and unfortunately there is no way to disable the warning.

Fog Light Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Fog Light Bulb Replacement w/ H.I.D Kit