ELECTRICAL PROBLEM1999 MERCEDES BENZ CLK320 6 ...

1999 Mercedes Benz CLK320

bxlaubli

July, 16, 2008 AT 3:25 PM

1999 Mercedes Benz CLK320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 72000 miles

I have a problem with the external temperature gauge on my CLK. Actually I think the gauge is working OK since it indicates the correct temp when the car is not running, but temp goes up to ~130F while driving. Where is the temp sensor? I'm guessing I have an airflow problem somewhere around the temp sensor. How do I find this?

Please Help

fillip66

July, 18, 2008 AT 1:01 PM

I had the same problem before. The sensor has possibly come out of the mounting and fallen behind the grill.
The sensor is located on the front of the car near the fog light. If you look near the right side fog lamp you will probably see a small hole about 1/2in and the sensor is probably behind the hole.
The actual sensor is about one inch in length and pertrudes from this hole when pushed back in from the rear of the plastic grill/hole. I dont recall if it's the right or left because i'm recallng this from memory but that's what I did to fix the problem.

Z

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser