ALARM

2000 Mercedes Benz C280

michaelba

September, 2, 2008 AT 12:01 AM

2000 Mercedes Benz C280 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 103, 00 miles

Although I have new batteries in my remote and I tested my spare remote finding it does the same thing what is causing my alarm system to not have any range. I have to be standing directly in front of the drivers door within a few feet for the car to lock and the alarm set or unlock and the alarm to turn off. What is the problem?

Jack42

September, 2, 2008 AT 7:35 AM

Sometimes window tint can affect the reception of the transmitter. Did it do this all of the sudden or has it been like this for a while?

michaelba

September, 3, 2008 AT 1:40 PM

You asked about window tinting. I cannot imagine how that would matter with a Mercedes but your the experts. No it did not happen suddenly and the windows have been tinted since 2002. The range got consistently shorter over a period of time as if it was a weaking battery issue, till now it only works directly in front of the drivers door handle where the sensor is located.

Jack42

September, 3, 2008 AT 6:24 PM

If the batteries are new, then it is a receiver problem. Sometimes they are located in the rear view mirror so they pick up from many angles.