CAR AUDIO SYSTEM

2005 Mercedes Benz C230

zdw0036

April, 1, 2008 AT 9:58 AM

Interior problem
2005 Mercedes Benz C230 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 36000 miles

For some reason, my car's stereo(which has steering wheel controls, a CD player, as well as a CD Changer) does not put out any sound. I have it tuned to a station and I tried increasing volume from steering wheel controls and from volume adjustment knob on stereo itself. I thought it may be the mute control being on, but it doesn; t seem to be. Is there something else here that can control the volume? I just got this car and really am not familiar with much of the features yet.

Doug

hypnotikone

July, 3, 2008 AT 2:47 AM

I've had that same problem with my 2005 C230 Kompressor. It's actually in the shop as I type. For the 7th time for this same problem. This is surely a manufacturing defect that is affecting multiple consumers. I wish I could do something about the problem. It's seriously a pain in the ass to take the car to the dealership every few months just because the stereo decides not to put out any sound.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement