SPORARTIC ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

1998 Mercedes Benz C230

kccsar

October, 2, 2009 AT 8:59 PM

1998 Mercedes Benz C230 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 118000 miles

My car randomly has electrical problem, the front windows will work sometimes for days at a time and other days only the left or the right will work - the electric mirror adjustment for the corosponding side will also fail. Some times the central locking system will also fail, then mysteriously start working again. I have checked all of the fuses. It is only the front windows that fail. Currently it is the worse it has ever been - both front windows, the central locking system and the mirrors and the interior light for the doors have all failed (but not the reading light or the rear light). Any suggestions?

merlin2021

October, 3, 2009 AT 7:52 AM

Usually intermittents associated with door and door switches is broken wires inside the conduit that runs from the door into the cab, check there.

kccsar

October, 3, 2009 AT 1:29 PM

I am a bit confused by the first answer as the all of the switches for the Mercedes Benz C230 or not on the door at all, they are all in the center console.

merlin2021

October, 3, 2009 AT 10:55 PM

Thats true, but the wires from the switches to the window motors pass into the door from the cab of the car thru the conduit.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement