BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
1976 Mercedes Benz 450sl
April, 15, 2010 AT 9:12 AM
1976 Mercedes Benz 450sl V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles
i am trying to replace the sun visors and it looks like the header panel cover where the sun visors attach has to be removed. How do I remove this cover. I dont want to break anything
FOUND 19 RELATED QUESTIONS
Replacement Of Visor With Vanity Light
Removal Of Sunvisor
September, 24, 2010 AT 1:44 PM
To remove the visors, you'll have to remove the trim over the windshield.
1) Grab the rear view mirror and yank it off. It's held by springs, and this is the correct removal procedure.
2) Remove the three phillips head screws holding the mirror mount base in place. Keep track of the way the base is installed - if you put it back upside down, the mirror won't mount properly.
3) Remove the two phillips head screws (one on each side) closer to the A pillar.
4) Gently pull down each trim piece, starting at the center. It slots into place at the A pillar, and pulling too far, too fast can break the trim.
5) Once the trim clears the next piece, pull it toward the center of the car to unseat it from the A pillar.
You'll now have the two phillips head screws exposed that will allow you to remove the sun visors.
to post a reply.
Gmc jimmy 1995 w 65kmi need to remove visors which have lighted mirror vanity inside how
Interior problem 1997 honda civic manual 85000 miles the little plastic tab that holds the driver side visor up against the wind
Interior problem 2002 buick regal 6 cyl two wheel drive automatic 47000 miles i am trying to replace the driver side sun visor and
Sun In Your Eyes? Replace the Visor Here
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Want To Learn How To Use A Test Light? Here Is How
Dynamat Door Installation
Need To Open Your Car Hood? Here Is How
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.