PERFORMANCE W107.45

1982 Mercedes Benz 380sl

jferrarasr

May, 27, 2009 AT 4:18 PM

1982 Mercedes Benz 380sl V8 Two Wheel Drive 88000 miles

If I start the car cold, it runs fine all day, till I turn it off, if I leave it off for at lest 15min or more. It loads up and runs rough till engine gets cold again! I go from about 18mpg. To 10mpg. Could it be the fule pressure vale, located at tank?

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

Jack42

May, 29, 2009 AT 8:20 AM

I have forwarded your question to our M/B tech. He will be with you shortly, thank you for your patience

Jack42

June, 12, 2009 AT 12:01 PM

It is possible. You will need to install a manual fuel pressure gauge to see where it is at. It could be a sticky injector or coolant sensor as well. Try pulling the plugs to see if any one is darker than the others

gfimotorcars

June, 12, 2009 AT 1:24 PM

Jack is on the right track. Definately check your plug condition first. If they are black you may have a leaky injector. This will cause excess fuel to be in the combustion chamber especially when hot, causing a rough running condition after the vehicle has been warmed up and parked. This model is known to have issues with leaky injectors as the car ages