INCONSISTANT COOLING

1983 Mercedes Benz 300td

c.bartholomew

July, 15, 2010 AT 11:07 AM

Air Conditioning problem
1983 Mercedes Benz 300td Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I am having a problem with my air conditioning. There is a fluctuation in temperature of the air from normal cold to extremely hot and then back to cool and then back to hot with the ac turned on. All of the vents seem to be the same.

Dr Loot

July, 19, 2010 AT 9:22 AM

Have you checked the AC pressure?

c.bartholomew

July, 19, 2010 AT 9:31 AM

Vacuum pressure? Pressure in the ac system? Thank you for your time and responce

c.bartholomew

July, 19, 2010 AT 9:35 AM

Actually there seems to be a connection with the auxiliary fan. I have noticed that when the fan is running is when the ac works and when it's off the ac blows warm air.

Dr Loot

July, 19, 2010 AT 9:41 AM

If AC auxiliary fan is shutting down, it may be low on pressure.

c.bartholomew

July, 19, 2010 AT 11:56 AM

Sorry, but how do you check the pressure?

Dr Loot

July, 19, 2010 AT 12:12 PM

Checking the high sure what a low-pressure side of the AC will require special tools that you can purchase at your local parts store, the more I think about it it sounds like it is low on 130-A one of the signs of low-pressure in the AC is that the compressor cycles on and off, what you could do is go to your local parts store they sell a pound can of 134-A that you can install yourself I would install one can and see what it acts like.

c.bartholomew

July, 19, 2010 AT 12:30 PM

I'm sorry, I don't understand what the relationship is between the axiliarey fan is to the ac?

Dr Loot

July, 19, 2010 AT 1:19 PM

When the air conditioner turns on the auxiliary fan turns on, if for any reason the A/C compressor shuts off due to low pressure than the auxiliary fan will also shut off. That is indication that the A/C compressor is cycling if the fan is also cycling to.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement