1992 MERCEDES BENZ 300SD

• MrsTailorMade
  • 1992 Mercedes Benz 300sd

1992 Mercedes Benz 300sd 6 cyl 200000 miles

Carr in currently in the service shop. Has been diagnosed as needing the oil pump replaced. Cannot get enough clearance from the motor to get to oil pump. Oil pan is said to supposed to slide out. Is absolutely not working. Mechanic suggesting he remove transmission to get to part. I'm not comfortable with distrubing other parts that are working properly. Any suggestions or diagrams you may offer would be great.

Wednesday, June 17th, 2009 AT 4:51 PM

• billymac

Hi mam, it is often nessacary to remove things when doing this job each car is different. And it is not likely that he will cause any probs setting the trans back out of the way. And he is prob judgeing the cheapest way. The other way would be to remove the whole engine much more expensive. So what he is telling you is the truth. I personally would let him remove whatever he has too to get the job done. Thanks billymac

Wednesday, June 17th, 2009 AT 6:02 PM