RIMS

1983 Mercedes Benz 300sd

joedastous

October, 23, 2008 AT 12:08 PM

Tires and Wheels problem
1983 Mercedes Benz 300sd Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I would like to jazz up from my stock rims. Is there a list of rims from other cars and car makers that will fit onto my car with out going to the after market and paying big bucks.

I would rather buy from the junk yard and save money but do not know what rims will fit my car from other cars.

Could I use a 15'' rim from another benz or car maker and go with a lower profile tire to stay within the required height. If so what whould that be or where would I find the info.

Please advise. Joe

Jack42

October, 24, 2008 AT 5:11 PM

I would suggest you find another Mercedes wheel you like. They will have the correct backspacing to not rub and will fit properly. Try tire/wheel shops. They usually have " take offs" from newer cars for a great price and will throw one on there so you can seeif you like it

joedastous

October, 29, 2008 AT 11:31 AM

I have already thought of that: I am looking for specific answers. Answers with exact direct aplications. Not another fishing trip. I came to this venue to pick someones brain and get an exact answer.

Can any one help with direct knowlage.

Thanks Joe

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Replace Tie Rod End
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire