1991 MERCEDES BENZ 300E BLOWER MOTOR, AC AND HEATER DON'T W

• Radcloser
  • 1991 MERCEDES BENZ 300E

Air Conditioning problem
1991 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120, 00 miles

I've checked fuses in fuse box with a voltage tester. All appear good. Can't get air conditioning, heater or blower motor to work.

Thursday, August 6th, 2009 AT 2:04 PM

• Rasmataz

Could be a blower motor relay problem or the blower motor itself or the AC/Heater control switch

-2
Thursday, August 6th, 2009 AT 2:46 PM
  • Injectors

You mentioned that you checked the fuses in the fuse box. But there is also a " fuse link safety fuse " located on top of the driver side front shock strut ( under the hood. ). Mine has failed twice. They cost perhaps a dollar or two. And it takes 60 seconds to change out. It is located on my car in a black plastic rectangular shaped box about the size of a large key. Just pop it open with a flat screw driver and ( after disconnecting the battery ) just unscrew it and clean it. Pay particular attention to where the washers go. It's a hassle to disconnect the battery which I don't do when changing this fuse link but It's possible it could short the fuse if it is mishandled. Hope this helps and good luck.

+2
Monday, August 24th, 2009 AT 8:25 PM