Blower motor not working

RADCLOSER
  • 1991 MERCEDES BENZ 300E

Air Conditioning problem 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120, 00 miles

I've checked fuses in fuse box with a voltage tester. All appear good. Can't get air conditioning, heater or blower motor to work.

Thursday, August 6th, 2009 AT 2:04 PM

INJECTORS

You mentioned that you checked the fuses in the fuse box. But there is also a " fuse link safety fuse " located on top of the driver side front shock strut ( under the hood. ). Mine has failed twice. They cost perhaps a dollar or two. And it takes 60 seconds to change out. It is located on my car in a black plastic rectangular shaped box about the size of a large key. Just pop it open with a flat screw driver and ( after disconnecting the battery ) just unscrew it and clean it. Pay particular attention to where the washers go. It's a hassle to disconnect the battery which I don't do when changing this fuse link but It's possible it could short the fuse if it is mishandled. Hope this helps and good luck.

+5
Monday, August 24th, 2009 AT 8:25 PM
LVLYBRNTTE
  • 1989 MERCEDES BENZ 300E

Heater problem
1989 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 174000 miles

I have heard to do several things can you tell me is there a specific fuse for the heater blower that does not blow anymore actually the whole thing doesn't work if I turn the temp gauge to cool temp the cool air does come through chilled and only by delivery of the vent not through the blower

Friday, December 8th, 2017 AT 5:02 PM (Merged)
DAVE H

Hello .. thanks for the doantion .. much appreciated

Check fuse's 7,8 and 12 .. It could be the actual bushes inside the blower motor are worn away and the motor need repairing or replacing !!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_merc_5.jpg

RANJO7
  • 1986 MERCEDES BENZ 300E

Heater problem
1986 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

Hi 2carpros,
The heater fan is not working. Once in a blue moon, it will come on. Which leaves me to think that it's just an electrical problem, maybe a short somewhere. I will look to here from you. Thanks!

Check the blower motor connector if okay proceed to the blowerr motor relay and blower switch

+1
RANJO7

Where is the blower motor located on this vehicle. Please keep in mind, that I am a novice. Thanks

DWIGHT'S GARAGE
  • 1987 MERCEDES BENZ 300E

Air Conditioning problem
1987 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

i have found the case but I know there is an easier way to replace the blower motor. Can you help?
Can we go thru the caul in front by the wiper motor or do we need to go under/ behind the dash?

BUDDYCRAIGG

I've changed 2 of them on mercedes, but I dont recall what models they were.

I got to the motor on both of them from under the hood.

INJECTORS

I have replaced the blower motor on a 1990 300e. It's not difficult. The mercedes mechanic wanted to charge me 1000.17 to replace the blower motor. After having done it once, ( I put the motor in backwards!) I redid it and it took 17 minutes to expose the blower motor. I now no longer use this mechanic. You access the blower motor by taking the windshield wiper motor off completely. Remember where every bolt goes. Take the w/s wiper armature off intact. It helps to always place the parts on the same side of the car when you take them off and in the same orientation. There are silver clips that hold the blower motor housing on that need to be pushed off and they must go back on or the fan will always have a rattle/buzz. ( Ask me how I know that ). Before buttoning it up, it's a good idea to turn the a/c on and test the fan. Make sure the squirrel cages are spinning in the correct direction. I tested mine before closing things up and attributed the lesser air-flow to the fact that I hadn't yet put the top of the blower fan housing on. I was wrong. The silver clips I spoke about earlier are located all along the front and sides as well as two hidden ones on the back that you really won't know about unless you've done this before. Also, put a towel in the bottom of the plastic deck just below the w/s wiper. You will lose a screw or two down that bottomless air ducting if you don't. ( Ask me how I know that as well ). Also, I used only hand tools. Nothing electric or air powered. A real mechanic with those tools could most likely replace that motor in 30 minutes or even less. And careful with the w/s blade armature. I think it would be fairly easy to crack a windshield. Hope this helps and good luck.

+1