BLACK EXHAUSST SMOKE

1992 Mercedes Benz 300ce

Roy H. Brown

August, 28, 2010 AT 6:15 PM

1992 Mercedes Benz 300ce 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 106000 miles

I just bought this car 2 weeks ago. I drove it to Atllanta from Florida and it drove fine, but kept noticing black smoke from the exhaust from the tailpipe. I put a Chevron additive into the tank and since it has been sputtering and hard starting. What would appear to be the problem? Is is the type of gasoline that was being put in?

Black Smoke Coming From Exhaust

Smoking

Roy H. Brown

August, 28, 2010 AT 6:22 PM

mhpautos

August, 28, 2010 AT 8:06 PM

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

Black smoke is a sign of a very rich mixture, start with pulling the plugs and looking for a black wet or sooty spark plug, this will indicate a miss firing cylinder that may be the problem, star there.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator